Our TENETS of belief
The following are some practical guidelines intended to assist believers live out what they believe in practical ways.
- A personal Testimony of your Salvation in Christ. In other words: You need to be a born again Christian, and know Jesus as your Saviour and Lord
- Your acknowledgement of and obedience to the Order and Officers of the Church; Apostles, Pastors, Elders and Deacons. In other words: Respect those in leadership. It should be easy to respect them. If not, tell them in the right attitude and in the right place.
- Your presence in the Meetings of the Church and abidance in full Communion; that is, not to absent yourself more than three times from Communion without sufficient reason given for your absence. In other words: Be committed to the church; ‘luke warm’ commitment is no good to God or to the Church.
- Your conformity with the fundamental Doctrines of the Church, as well as with the two Ordinances, namely Baptism by Immersion and the Lord’s Supper. In other words: Follow the teachings of the church.
- That you contribute towards the support of the Cause, as taught unto us in the Word of God. In other words: Be willing to play your part, be a partaker and not a spectator.
- That you keep the counsels of the Church within the Church. In other words: Don’t blabber church business wherever you go. Gossip never did any good.
- That you pray for and help every member, remembering that we are joint members in the Body of Christ. In other words: Live out your Christianity, practice what we preach.
- “Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” In other words: We don’t need people who cause division, but work for unity. Dividers cause trouble; “uniters” bring peace.